How to get more games.
Looking to play more tennis – here are our top 10 tips to getting more games and meeting people.
- Play social tennis – there is social tennis for ladies on Tuesday mornings and there is weekly organised tennis for juniors – you can join in without having to bring a partner, you’ll meet more people and increase your options for games.
- Enter tournaments and competitions in the club – these are mostly graded to suit different standards of tennis – the most popular with new members is Team Tennis, we do our best to find someone if you wish to play doubles or mixed. We notify all members using email and news posts about upcoming events giving information on how to enter, the cost, closing dates, and finals nights.
- Talk to the Committee. The men’s captain, ladies’ captain often know someone else looking for a game. The Subscription Secretary and other Committee members are also there to help you get the most out of your membership. Click here of the list of committee members then look up their contact details in your Smart Club account and make contact. On the junior side talk to the dedicated Junior Committee, ask to be added to their specific WhatsApp group OR talk to Conor Casey our head coach.
- Come into the bar – widen your circle of people to play with, get chatting, people are happy to help out and offer advice
- Come down to social events – you’ll meet more people and widen the number of people you know.
- Ask someone – If you meet someone that you have a great game with socially or in a competition – ask them if they are interested in having a game
- Join or set up a WhatsApp group – there are some informal and formal WhatsApp’s groups already in the club – ask to have your name included – the captains are usually a good source of this information
- Do some group coaching – there will be others there of similar standard, you’ll learn some tennis and have some fun.
- Play league – Become part of a team representing the club and play in the Dublin tennis adult league which runs at various times during the year, the charity league in Spring or Autumn for ladies or Easter Cup for men. Similarly there are junior competitive tennis.
- Enter competitions in other clubs – there are lots of these on throughout the year – check out the Tennis Ireland senior & junior competition calendars.