County Wicklow LTC (Bray) is looking to recruit a Head Coach (2-year contract).
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org stating Head Coach Position Co Wicklow LTC.
Closure of applications Friday July 3rd, 2021
The Head Coach is responsible for the management and delivery of the following:
- Creating and implementing a Junior and Senior programme according to the needs of the club for all levels and abilities.
- Developing a new members programme.
- Developing a cardio and/or fitness programme.
- Facilitating a specific team based coaching programme to improve league results.
- Encouraging players to enter competitions and leagues.
- Initiating internal, level appropriate competitions for all members.
- Identifying players for performance development and the establishment of a performance pathway for talented juniors.
- Co-ordinating the coaching programme through the Club Smart Cloud Programme working maximum of 5 hours per week in administration.
- Working with the relevant committees and reporting to the General Committee every three months.
- Promotion of the club in local schools.
- Implementing an Enjoy Tennis programme.
- In collaboration with the committee, the Head Coach is responsible for building the annual coaching plan with specific measurable objectives in the following areas:
- Participation of players across all age groups and abilities
- Coaching plans for all age groups and levels
- Competition results
- The Head Coach is responsible for the management of the Junior coaching programme and working with the committee to source suitable, qualified, and insured coaches to work within the coaching programme.
- The Head Coach is responsible for the administration of the coaching programme.
- The Head Coach will allocate coaches to their classes and be responsible for the guidance of all assistant coaches in the coaching programme.
- The Head Coach will liaise with the Tennis Committee to promote tennis events.
- The Head Coach will attend certain club competitions and events.
Interested Candidates must have the following competencies.
- Minimum of Tennis Ireland Level 3 qualification (or equivalent)
- Tennis Ireland Licensed coach
- Garda Vetting and Safeguarding Courses
- First Aid Certified
- Cardio Qualified preferred
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Experience of setting up coaching programmes for Seniors and Juniors
- Willing to work with the relevant committees
- Prepared to participate in Coach Education
- Strong administration and appropriate IT skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Proof of Tennis Coaching Qualifications
- Satisfactory Garda Vetting
- Up to date insurance
- Two references
- The club invites applications to the club by 5pm on Friday the 3rd of July 2021.
- Shortlisting and interview process will commence promptly thereafter.
- Terms and Conditions will be discussed at the interview. The Head Coach position will be on a contract basis for 2 years.
- This is an equal opportunities position.