The Club Handicaps competition begins this evening. An entry of 91 adult members makes it the best entry for a handicaps competition in a decade. A lot of our new members have taken the leap and entered which is great to see. The full rules & regulations are below, attached are images of the score cards and the player/pairing handicaps for round 1.
Senior Club Handicaps
Rules of Play
- Short sets will be played. The first to 6 games wins the set.
- First advantage will be played. First point after deuce wins the game.
- Singles and Doubles Matches will be the best of three short sets.
- Mixed doubles – Full sets will be played with the third set a Championship Tie break with next point wins if score is 9 all. End of set tiebreaks in mixed doubles – first to 7 points wins.
- Competitors must be available to play their matches as scheduled. The committee will within reason endeavour to accommodate competitors with restrictions on their availability – provided they state the restrictions on their entry form.
- Maximum Handicap will be –40.3 and Minimum Handicap will be Scratch or +15 (depending on the decision made by the Committee).
- The handicap cycle restarts every 6 games or at the start of a new set.
- If necessary, Handicaps will be reviewed by the Committee after each game or at any time during the Tournament.
- Players must provide their own tennis balls.
- Requests for rearranged matches must go through the tennis Committee so courts can be released.
- Please text results to Ciara 0868250044 or Gary 0861725195
Most evenings the 9pm booking slots have been left free, please be aware that should a 7:30pm handicaps match still be in progress @ 9pm that match has precedence and must be allowed to finish.