Open Week 2017
Men’s and Ladies Singles Championship Winner: Perpetual Trophy + €1,100 • Runner-up: €450 • Semi-Finalist: €150 • Quarter-Finalist: €50 (Min. of 32 players req.)
Men’s and Ladies Doubles Championship Winner: Perpetual Trophy + €400 (per team) • Runner-up: €200 (per team)
Mixed Doubles Championship Winner: Perpetual Trophy + €300 (per team) • Runner-up: €150 (per team)
Grade A Singles Winner: €200 • Runner-Up: €100
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1.The tournament is sanctioned by, and will be held under the laws, rules and regulations of Tennis Ireland, and that the Tennis Ireland Code of Conduct will apply.
2. Entries close at 10.00 p.m. on Tuesday 1st of August 2017.
3. The Draw will take place in the Clubhouse on Wednesday 2nd of August, 2017. Schedule of play will be published through Tournament software after 10pm on Thursday 3rd of August. Where an event has a large entry, a preliminary round may be played on Friday 4th of August 2017.
4.Play will commence each day at such times as the Referee may require. Competitors not present when called upon to play may be disqualified. It is the duty of the competitors to acquaint themselves of the times at which they are to play.
5. Play commences at 9.00 a.m. on Saturday, 5th August 2017 (See note 3, preliminary matches may be played on Friday 4th from 6.00 p.m.).
6.Finals will take place on Saturday, 12th August 2017.
7. A tie-break will be played at 6-all in all sets.
8. Floodlit courts and outside courts will be used where necessary.
9. PROPER TENNIS ATTIRE MUST BE WORN.
10.The Committee reserves the right not to hold any event where in its opinion the number of entries is inadequate and to limit the number of entrants in any one event.
11.The decision of the Referee or his/her deputy is final in all matters pertaining to the Tournament.
12.The Committee, Club and Sponsors will not be held responsible for any injury, illness or accident on or off the courts, or for any property damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen.
13. Players entering more than one event may be asked to play one or more matches in any order, on any day. (Committee’s decision final).
14.Tretorn Serie + Control Pressurised Tennis Balls will be used.
15.The Committee reserves the right to re-grade an entry as they see fit.
16. All competitors shall either be registered members of the “Tennis Ireland” system or agree to become so at the tournament.
17. Players must be available to play on the 1st Saturday or Sunday. If unavailable at the weekend be available to play from 10am Bank Holiday Monday and be prepared to play twice Monday. Allowances will be made for 1 change at the weekend or 1 change during the week per player.
18.The Committee reserves the right of adding to or altering the above conditions.
19.Data Protection Statement. By submitting this form, you agree that Co. Wicklow L.T.C., Tennis Ireland and its national associations can use your personal data for managing competitions and updating the Tennis Ireland National Player Database. For further details please see www.tennisireland.ie/about/privacy_statement andhttp://www.tennisireland.ie/player_database
Entries for open championships will be confined to Dublin League Premier, Class 1 and 2 players and such other Irish and visiting players as may be exempted from this restriction by the Tournament Committee.
In the event of there being less than 32 entries in the Men’s or Ladies Championship Singles, the Prize Fund will be reduced at the discretion of the Committee.
Men’s and Ladies Championship – if under 8 entries a Round Robin may be played.
Quarter Finals prize money will be paid if a minimum of 32 players play in the Championship Singles events.
On no condition, will entries be accepted without entry fee, no telephone or email entries will be accepted.
FEES MUST ACCOMPANY ENTRY FORMS.
George Boyle, Angela Hickey, John Kelly, Emma Forde, Gary Gibson, Kevin Conroy
Tournament Referee: Bernie Flynn
Phone: 01-2866684 Email: click here