Many of you have been enjoying playing tennis over the last number of weeks and we would like to thank and acknowledge members adherence to the extremely strict guidelines which allowed us back to play tennis.
We are approaching the point at which Phase 3 can commence under the Irish Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business. This is scheduled to happen next Monday 29th June. Tennis Ireland have just announced their Phase 3 guidelines, see the link below. https://www.tennisireland.ie/2020/06/25/tennis-ireland-phase-3-guidelines-for-republic-of-ireland/
In Phase 3 the following will remain in place:-
- Courts still need to be booked in advance and all players on court must appear in the booking system, we have attached a user guide for new members and those unfamiliar with booking a court.
- No loitering before and after your match.
- No handshakes or close contact is allowed.
In Phase 3 we can look forward to the following:-
- Doubles play (with partners from different households) is being reinstated.
- Coaching guidelines will be relaxed further.
- Only juniors 12 years of age and under will need to be supervised.
- A return to our regular court booking calendar.
- The reinstatement of external club-house furniture.
- The Clubhouse will reopen to allow access to the foyer toilet facilities. However, this must be done in line with appropriate cleaning and management protocols being in place. This may mean these facilities may not be open all day. We will advise you further on this.
- We are also looking at the possibility of re-opening the clubhouse for a BBQ Night once a week to celebrate a return to some sort of normality. However, this will have to be done in line with Tourism Ireland published Guidelines for Reopening Restaurants and Cafes as well as Guidelines for re-opening Pubs.
We very much look forward to Phase 3 and welcoming all our members back to our courts and back to the Clubhouse over the coming weeks.
The General Committee