COUNTY WICKLOW LAWN TENNIS CLUB (Bray) CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
CWLTC’s Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015. CWLTC acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and Tennis Ireland requirements. Our Safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that all children.
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at CWLTC in a safe and child centred environment.
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in the club.
As part of our safeguarding policy CWLTC will:-
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to participate in Tennis.
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern.
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals.
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
As part of our commitment to Child Safeguarding CWLTC have carried out a Safeguarding Risk Assessment which indicates the areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of the risk occurring, and gives the required policy, guidance or process documents required to alleviate these risks. The list of risks identified are contained in the following categories:es in legislation and/or government guidance.
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, Tennis Ireland.
- as a result of any other significant change or event.
CWLTC Children’s Liaison Officer:-
Davida Geraghty – Click here to contact Davida by email